Monday, August 6, 2012

5 months 5 days

Hello everyone! It's been a little over two weeks since I got my bottom braces on. I can official call myself a true metal mouth now! Here is a picture:


5 months 5 days

So, how does it feel to have a full mouth of metal? I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't say that it felt weird in the beginning. What kind of weird? It's kind of hard to explain but it's like you know that something is on your teeth and you can feel it but you can't do anything about it. This "weird" feeling goes away though. I definitely got used to them quickly.

So, how was the pain? There definitely was major pain this time around. For one, the first time you get braced is always the most painful time because you're teeth are being constantly pulled by the wires and brackets for the first time. Two, my canines were where the majority of pain was located. I think it's because they are the ones that needed the most rotation (and actually are rotating the most). As always, the pain was completely gone in 3 days but there are occasional soreness to the canines - nothing hardcore though.

So, what should you watch out for? The only thing I must mention is that I was warned about the wire falling out of the brackets because it is very thin. It indeed did fall out. One option I was told I could do was cut the wire myself (with a sterilized nail clipper) but I haven't because it hasn't bugged me yet. If this happens to you, I would recommend cutting it yourself and if not (because it's scary!), go to your orthodontist and they will be happy to do so for you.

So have there been any progress? There definitely have been some. The braces have straighten out my four central bottom teeth. So much that now I have a little underbite. Please refer to the Day 6 photo for reference. There has also been more shifting outward of the top teeth (minus the two front teeth).


Day 6

I tried to take some pictures of the canines from an upwards angle because I wanted to show you guys the movement but failed miserably. Not to worry though I will attempt to bring out the photographer in me the next time I post. (If not, not to worry [again], I will just use my trusty sister assistant).

I won't be posting anything new for the rest of this month because I will be going on vacation to Switzerland but do come back when September (and school X_X) comes along. I'll be around to answer any comments though. But until then have a safe rest of the summer everyone :D

No comments:

Post a Comment